Friday, April 11, 2008

The day Obama died...


Or at least his chances of becoming president. Or even the Democratic candidate, while I'm at it.

As most of you at this point might be aware, lighting has now twice struck the junior senator's presidential bid in the form of associations with angry black men of the cloth who like to call whitey and himey names...like whitey and himey. OK, not exactly, but you know I'm referring to. This time, though, it was a chump move against an actually (can you beleive it?) bona fide good jew. I mean, c'mon, how ironic can you get? This "preacher" does his thing (preaching) right after they give a big-time jew an award for being soooo awesome to poor, inner-city black kids. Whaaa?!?

This is just my gut feeling mixed with a mild hangover, granted, but I'm calling it toady. It's over folks. Do I hope I'm wrong? Sure. And not for being a Barack lover, though he has elicited a few butterflies in my stomach on occasion. For example, the first time he had to defend his involvement with another old, bitter "man of god" of the Black Liberation Theology type. He masterfully and genuinely (damn, I hope I wasn't a sucker) responded with one of the best--by far--if not only moving and important speeches in my life from the lips of a politician, or "man of the people." I don't think he, or the public, has it in him/them again. Or maybe it's just the umpteenth can of Schaefer from last night talking.

No comments: